• June 26Attention, Juniors! Click here for senior portrait information.

Summer music festivals

Back to Article
Back to Article

Summer music festivals

Vincent

Vincent

Vincent

Allison McKenzie, staff writer

Summer is approaching quickly and music festivals are all the rage. What’s better than spending a day in the sun with your friends listening to some of your favorite artists and enjoying 4 or 5 concerts ? One of the most commonly known music festivals is Lollapalooza, which is in Chicago during July. This music festival is great, but they can be quite pricey and sell out quickly. In order to get your summer’s fill of music festivals, check out some of these awesome alternatives that happen in Michigan and won’t break your wallet.

Commonground Music Festival: This is a music festival that will fulfill everyone’s music type. Taking place at Adado Riverfront Park in Lansing, Michigan, this 5 day festival in July supplies  a different genre of music daily, such as rap, pop, country, alternative, and rock. With four different stages located around the park, there is constantly a concert happening that you can enjoy. With general admission starting at $35, Commonground makes it a breeze to be able to enjoy your favorite artists . Visit the website below to check out this year’s lineup and order your tickets today!

http://www.commongroundfest.com/

B-93 Birthday Bash: Calling all Southern Belles! B-93 Birthday Bash is the perfect festival to get you excited for summer. This event is all about country artists and fans alike. Taking place in Martin, Michigan, at US 131 Motorsports Park, this 2 day festival gives fans over a dozen country artists. With parking passes starting at only $60, and reserved tickets at $35, Birthday Bash is the perfect way to start off your summer with a bang!  Visit the website below to check out this year’s lineup and order your tickets today.

http://b93.iheart.com/features/birthday-bash-24-358/

Electric Forest Festival: It’s all about the bass, literally, at this music festival. Taking place in Rothbury, Michigan, this 3 day festival triggers your inner hippie as you transport yourself to magical forests and jam to some hip hop and popular EDM artists. Located on a camping ground, this festival offers general camping and several cabins for you to stay in throughout the festival. Not only will you enjoy a stay in the woods and killer music, but there is also a waterpark that you can enjoy as well. With parking passes starting at $30, this festival will fulfill your Coachella desires without breaking the bank. Visit the website below to check out this year’s lineup and order your tickets today.

http://www.electricforestfestival.com/