• June 26Attention, Juniors! Click here for senior portrait information.

Fire Emblem is underrated

Liam Fagan, Journalism 1 Staff Writer

If you asked someone what their favorite video game series is, one of the best may not come up at all: Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem is a strategy RPG that features role based combat, a character leveling system, and incredibly detailed storylines. You play as the main character, a fully customizable avatar, and travel through the strange worlds of Fire Emblem, all while battling fierce enemies and becoming an amazing hero. In Fire Emblem, even the weakest of characters has amazing potential.

The history of Fire Emblem games may surprise you. For a game series you have never heard of, you may be surprised to know that 17 Fire Emblem games have been released, and a mobile game is also available for IOS and Android. The first fire Emblem game was Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and The Blade of Light. The first game released in The U.S. in the Fire Emblem series was simply titled Fire Emblem. In the first Few Fire Emblem games, the recurring hero was called Marth. However, since then the heroes have changed between games, and with the past few games, you have been able to name your character, which is typically the hero, but not always the strongest in the game.

Fire Emblem boasts three game difficulties: Normal, Casual, and Phoenix. In Normal mode, the battles in Fire Emblem are fought like normal battles. That means if one of your characters dies in a battle, they are dead and cannot be used for the rest of the battles and missions in the game. In Casual mode, if a character dies, you get them back for the next battle. This is recommended for most players. In Phoenix mode, your dead characters come back a few turns later in the same battle.

Like with all good game series, Fire Emblem will sometimes get on your nerves. The most common antagonist is the leveling system. Sometimes your characters will gain a level after battling hard, only to gain one stat up in a category like luck. The levels will be infuriating, but it will all be worth it when your team becomes a fighting machine.

In short, Fire Emblem has elements of many great game styles, and if you haven’t heard of it before, it’s time you give it a try.

1 Comment

One Response to “Fire Emblem is underrated”

1. Lexi Kava on November 7th, 2017 11:49 am

Nice job, this sounds really good, could use a little more detail but other than that it is a really good entertainment piece!

*

• Fire Emblem is underrated

2018 Summer Must-Reads

• Fire Emblem is underrated

Saying sayonara: things to do before Seniors leave

• Fire Emblem is underrated

More than a music video: Childish Gambino’s This is America

• Fire Emblem is underrated

Avengers Infinity War: a wild ride and a brilliant movie

• All

Turtles All the Way Down review

• Fire Emblem is underrated

Fortnite: a productive use of time or a dangerous fad

• Fire Emblem is underrated

Come and see the NMS production of “Once on this Island, Jr,” before it closes this Sunday

• Fire Emblem is underrated

Queer Eye reboot is a perfect fit

• Fire Emblem is underrated

Three new shows for March

• Fire Emblem is underrated

Far from the Tree Review

Fire Emblem is underrated